Morningside | Edinburgh
The Old Schoolhouse was built in 1823 for the children of Morningside, Swanston, Fairmilehead and Lothianburn. It was also used until 1837 as the village church until the Morningside Parish was built. The school was soon not big enough to support the growing population and closed in 1892. The building has been used as a place of worship since 1900.
The proposals seek to refurbish the existing fabric and enhance the accommodation to create a flexible building; equipped to serve a diverse range of user groups. The project will create modern facilities commensurate with the character of the Grade B listing and the buildings setting. The finished building will provide a safe, secure and welcoming public building for the enjoyment of the local community.